We’ve already shared a closer look at the Huawei Y7a, our first impressions, and review about the new Y series smartphone. However, recurring questions that we’ve been receiving for the past few weeks are about app download and how to access certain apps with Google features. No worries, because as the third biggest app store globally, Huawei AppGallery is continuously expanding its list of mobile applications with the help of its users. We can search, download, manage, and share mobile apps via the AppGallery so requesting apps of your liking through the “Add to Wishlist” feature would be very helpful.
To download via AppGallery: All you need to do is to open the AppGallery and type the name of the app in the search bar, select “Search”, and then choose from the results which includes websites, third-party app download, and other suggestions from Petal Search. Users can either “open” the site or select “get” in order to download the app from a different source. So far, all my downloads have been successful and safe since it came from reliable sites.
On the other hand, the Petal Search widget is a new search tool to help users find everything they need – may it be an app, image, or news from your phone. It does the job of searching a specific app for you through the AppGallery, official sites, and even third-party websites offering app downloads. This widget can be downloaded and set up in a user’s homescreen as long as they’ve updated to the latest EMUI (v 10.1.0.131). To use it, all you need to do is open the Petal Search app pre-installed in your Huawei Y7a and type in the keyword of your query or app name in order to get results. It also shows suggested top local apps based on your location for easier installation.
MUST-DOWNLOAD SOCIAL MEDIA APPS
As a start-up guide for those who just bought their device, here’s a list of 15 apps that we instantly downloaded on our device using AppGallery and Petal Search:
- ZOOM Cloud Meetings: A must-have app for those who have online meetings and online classes while in quarantine.
- Facebook: Best place to go if you need constant updates from family and friends. Just by looking at your Newsfeed daily, it’s easy to know what they’re up to through status updates.
- Messenger: In case you need to keep in touch, Facebook Messenger now offers chat, image sharing, video call, group video call, and call features for everyone who has a stable WiFi connection.
- Instagram: The haven for picturesque views, food, selfies, and #OOTDs from friends and celebrities that you follow.
- Twitter: A must-have for the socially-aware folks who need to know what people are saying about certain trending topics and hashtags.
- Pinterest: Recommendable for people who need to collate images and other content for inspiration!
- TikTok: One of the entertainment apps on the rise. Through this app, it’s easy to take short videos, edit them, and share them publicly to anyone anywhere.
- Line: A messaging app for free voice and video calls, best when used for group conversations.
- WeChat: An instant messaging and social media app in one.
- Telegram: Another online messaging app that is popular for its features like customizable stickers, in-app games, and public group chats.
- iFlix: The app for people who need to catch up and binge-watch their favorite TV shows and local content.
- Kumu: A livestreaming app on the rise where people can win prizes from playing live games or learn more about the people they follow through scheduled livestreams.
- iWant: A must-have app for people who need a source for local content like series and movies.
- Twitch: Popular with gamers, Twitch is a video-streaming platform where gamers broadcast their matches while giving commentaries or reviewing a certain game.
- Cashalo:This is a popular app for Filipinos who need cash loans and credit in times of emergencies. It brands itself as a “partner for your finances”.
HOW ABOUT GOOGLE?
Several Google apps can work on Huawei devices so no need to worry because most of the ones that are popularly used are found in their AppGallery. It also includes Huawei email which enables users to log in using whatever email address that they have – may it be a Gmail or Yahoo Mail account.
YouTube, Google Drive, and the like can also be accessed via Huawei browser, just like when you’re using Google via your laptop. These pages can be saved via the smartphone’s homescreen for easy access and the only difference from an actual app is the interface that you’re using.
The Huawei Y7a costs Php 8,999 SRP and can be purchased online through the Huawei Store, e-commerce sites Lazada and Shopee, and as well as offline at Huawei Experience Stores and partner retailers. For more details about the smartphone and other features that you can enjoy – aside from the apps, you can visit: