“Liberation is key for the edgy.”
StyleFestPH may be over but our favorite picks from the runway are just starting to be available on the store racks – physically and digitally! In case you missed the trendy pieces by Bang Pineda in collaboration with 0917 Lifestyle last November 6 at Grand Hyatt Manila, here’s a peek at our top 10 picks (at least for our personal style).
All the pieces are stunning on their own, yet our choices are based solely on everyday millennial streetwear fashion that we can pull off anywhere we go. It was hard to rank them, considering all three themes – Ravage, Freedom, and Resurrection – and I’d honestly love to bring home all the pieces, so we’re listing in no particular order:
1.A cropped denim jacket with huge B-A-N-G print at the back. Unlike other people who prefer plain ones, I have no issues with such pieces that definitely make a statement!
2. A 0917 Lifestyle piece that we’d probably wear on “Casual Fridays”. Would also look chic with trendy shorts or even maybe a leather skirt? Fashion knows no boundaries, after all.
3. A neon party in our #OOTD. It’s just very eye-catching all together!
4. What would I do without millennial pink hues in my closet? This all-pink ensemble is a must-have.
5. Street fashion but make it bedazzled! Looks simple from afar but the details are just amazing up-close.
6. 1/2 of the windbreakers I nearly bought on the spot. It gives me nostalgic vibes because of its design. I used to have a similar print when I was young, around the 90s, I guess?
7. Twinning but make it fashion. No one likes wearing the same thing as someone else, so this may be a cute spin for those who want to go matchy-matchy on the runway.
8. Another pink party outfit! It screams cotton candy and ‘I’m cute in this tee’ at every angle! Perfectly paired with white boots.
9. 2/2 of the windbreakers I nearly bought on the spot. I personally like the 0917 print since my mobile number starts with it. Talk about adding a personal touch to the next level!
10. The black pieces that add a statement to every formal wear. I’d love to have any of these, please.
The 3-day StyleFestPH is a platform created by Globe Telecom’s lifestyle brand, 0917 Lifestyle, together with SAGA Events. It aims to help Filipino fashion students, talents, and young content creators to showcase their creativity and craftsmanship and to promote a movement for Filipino fashion through various initiatives. Earlier during the 3rd day of the fashion extravaganza, Fashion Snoops also had a Trend Talk to give attendees an overview on what’s next in fashion based on their data.
The Designer Mentorship Program, Showroom + Shopping Party, and Designers on Spotlight are just some of the highlights that caused fashionistas from all around the Metro (and beyond) to flock to BGC from November 4-6.
Bang Pineda’s creations will be on display at Glorietta in Makati City for a limited time, while the 0917 Lifestyle pieces can be bought online through their website. Which one do you think we should get? Help us pick by commenting Manila Millennial’s posts via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. See you around, millennials! 😉