Gone are the days when we need to panic and borrow money from friends and co-workers whenever we accidentally leave our wallets at home. Now, even though we don’t have cash or our ATM cards, there’s still a way to pay for our expenses with just our mobile phones! I recently took PayMaya’s #DontPayCashChallenge for an entire day and was amazed at how convenient (and rewarding) it can be within the business districts of the Metro.
PayMaya – a mobile application which doubles as a digital wallet, bills payment manager, and loading station, dared people to go cashless for a day to kick off their Don’t Pay Cash, PayMaya! brand campaign to promote a rewarding payment experience for Filipinos.
Here’s a summary of the things I did when I went cashless last Thursday (September 26, 2019):
- Travel to Work: I took a Grab in the morning and connected my PayMaya card to the Grab app. The digital card also acts as a (reloadable) credit card. Payments via the card and top-ups during the trip are accessible via the PayMaya app.
- Lunch: Rustan’s Marketplace is my go-to store for lunch. I’m a fan of their Salad Station, given my dietary restrictions. All I had to do was to scan to pay for my meal, along with other grocery needs.
- Merienda: For extra power-up at work, I also bought yummy fries from Potato Corner. I just entered the amount to pay via the app and showed the verification message to their staff in order to get my fries.
- Travel to Pasig: I took a Grab again going to Capitol Commons in Pasig for dinner because of the heavy traffic. As usual, my payment went straight to the Grab driver’s account without me clicking on anything.
- Dinner at EatTogether: The biggest surprise of the day! The entire strip of food stalls at the EatTogether Food Hall in Pasig had scan-to-pay options for their diners. It’s the first cashless and probably most digitally advanced food place that I’ve been to in the Metro.
- Travel home: As usual, I took a Grab… AND got cashback because of all my expenses for the day!
Included in the in-app services that I also occasionally use are: sending money, paying bills, and buying prepaid load for my family and friends.
The enhanced PayMaya mobile app comes with new features and more compelling merchant partner promos, as well as cashback promos and discounts for an overall more rewarding experience for all users. Its “universal payments platform” enables the country’s top eCommerce sites, major retail and quick-service restaurants and government institutions, as well as MSMEs to accept multiple kinds of cashless payments.
To help us understand the thought behind the app, here’s what PayMaya’s Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director, Paolo Azzola, has to say: “PayMaya is undoubtedly the best way to pay in the Philippines today. Our formula is simple – make digital payments accessible, more convenient, more secure, more rewarding, and more fun. With a newer and smoother app experience, the biggest discounts and cashback promos, and an ever-growing network of merchant and add money partners, it’s now better to ‘PayMaya’ instead of paying with cash.” O
Just for September alone, PayMaya users were able to get as much as P5,000 in cashback from the various promos rolled out by the brand. If you need updates about their monthly updates, just keep on checking our page! All one has to do is use the PayMaya app for prepaid load and gaming pins, bills payments, sending money, PayMaya QR transactions with partner merchants, and online shopping.
Signing up for an account can also give a user as much as P200 in an instant just by registering with a referral code and upgrading their account. You can use my referral code (2uwbnif) for this!
PayMaya places high importance in security. All PayMaya users are encouraged to upgrade their accounts not only for higher transaction limits but also for safer transactions. To facilitate this, PayMaya has introduced a simpler and faster Upgrade process featuring selfie and AI technology. PayMaya also recently unveiled a sexier and safer black card design with the card number and other sensitive information at the back, instead of being displayed at the front.
The new app design, initially available to Android users and also soon for iOS devices, prominently features the latest promos and perks that account holders can take advantage of, so that they can easily discover ways to make the most of their money with PayMaya.
Two thumbs up to their team for choosing an iconic OPM song for their new ad. Check out this new jingle to the tune of Eraserheads’ Ligaya: