Merry Christmas for techie millennials, indeed! Those who are longing to gift themselves or a loved one with a dependable yet reasonably priced mobile phone has new units to consider before the year ends. We’re pretty sure you’ve seen our posts on Facebook about this new phone from ASUS that packs a sturdy Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 5000mAh battery, Octa-core processor, and AI dual cameras at an affordable price. We may be quite late to the posting party but we made sure that we got our hands on the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 before publishing this post.
Max Pro M2 harnesses an epic performance of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 that is able to deliver smooth, responsive power. Its massively powerful 5000mAh battery is perfect for non-stop gaming and non-stop entertainment, and now, it uses Corning Gorilla Glass 6 in front – just like the ROG Phone – making it more durable. During its launch at Ayala Malls the 30th, the media was able to see sample photos and videos that are better than what we’ve expected. Under well-lit conditions, the phone delivers crisp images and bokeh effects that users can play with manually. What we loved the most about it is its video stabilization, helping vloggers to take videos without the use of a separate stabilizer.
Before we go to the full phone specifications, here’s a brief background about its max features:
- MAX PERFORMANCE (Qualcomm Snapdragon 660): With up to 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM, it is 11% faster than the previous generation, while the graphics performance is improved by a massive 33% for more realistic visuals and faster 3D rendering, making it deliver effortless power for the ultimate mobile gaming and multi-tasking experiences.
- MAX BATTERY (5000mAh): A big battery capacity is the signature key-feature of the ZenFone Max series, and despite its sleeker design, the ZenFone Max Pro M2 still contains a long-lasting 5000mAh battery life – making it the world’s lightest 5,000 mAh smartphone – which you can enjoy for up to two-days of non-stop use in a single charge.
- MAX DURABILITY (Corning Gorilla Glass 6): It’s designed to survive 15 consecutive one-meter drops onto rough surfaces. Now, you can worry less about dropping your phone for a number of times.
- MAX CAMERAS (AI): The intelligent dual-camera system in the ZenFone Max Pro M2 is the most advanced that can ever be seen in the Max Series line-up. It features 13 scenes for its AI Scene Detection – a same feature found in the flagship ZenFone 5 series – which allows users to concentrate on the subject and perfect results every time. Its dual-camera system uses a Sony IMX486 main sensor, allowing it to take any subject in its stride, and capture more-realistic photos at any time of the day or night. The Phase-Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) get rid of camera shake for blur-free handheld shots, with accurate focusing on any subject in an instant.
- MAX DESIGN (Wave finish): This is exquisitely created using a glossy 16-layer coating that looks stunning from every angle, showing a changing interplay of light and shade. The 3D-curved rear design is not only comfortable to hold, but also gives ZenFone Max Pro M2 a truly luxurious look, and even with all its new upgrades, the phone is still superbly slim.
“We at ASUS are committed to provide products that embody the best of our technological innovations. The ZenFone Max Pro M2 refines the features that ZenFans loved with the flagship ZenFone lines, particularly features that are found on the ZenFone 5 Series, and merged this with the renowned heritage of the ZenFone Max line. The result is a combination of premium look, revolutionary AI cameras, a powerful processor, and a big battery capacity—definitely one of the best products we have offered at this price point to date,” shared Lenny Lin, ASUS Philippines Country Product Manager for Smartphones.
- Display: 6.2-inch FHD+ IPS LCD Display (1080 x 2280 Pixels, 420 ppi) with 19:9 Aspect Ratio, 2.5D Arc Glass, 3D-curved rear design, scratch resistant
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Weight: 175g
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa Core Processor, 2.2GHz Quad Core Kyro 260 + 1.8GHz Quad Core Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB of RAM
- Cameras: Rear Dual Cameras: 12 MP (f/1.8 Aperture) + 5 MP (f/2.4) with AI and LED Flash; Sony IMX486 main sensor; Front Camera: 13 MP, includes video stabilization
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 512GB via microSD)
- Sim: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0
- Sound: 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Security: Face Recognition, Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer
- Battery: 5000 mAh (non-removable) with 5V/2A Charging
- Colors: Cosmic Titanium, Midnight Blue
WHERE TO BUY
The Zenfone Max Pro M2 6GB RAM/64GB ROM will be available nationwide in all ASUS and ZenFone Stores and Kiosks starting December 15, 2018 for only P14,995. The other 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant will also be available online via Shopee and Lazada starting December 11, 2018 for only P12,995.
What do you think? Is this something worth adding to your Christmas wish list? Don’t forget to share your thoughts and actively participate in our posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for a chance to win your own phone for our next giveaways! For more details and hassle-free purchasing of ASUS products, visit:
Facebook: ASUS Philippines
- FULL SPECS: ASUS Republic of Gamers introduces new ROG Phone with complete gaming accessories
- [REVIEW] Bye, powerbanks! ASUS Zenfone Max M1 can can last days with its 2x Battery Lifespan
- ASUS Zenfone 5Q: A lite, quad-camera smartphone at an affordable price
- Smartphone to intelligent phone: ASUS unveils Zenfone series that can think for you