Manila Millennial is honored to be part of the first few to know and announce that Jose Mari Chan is now the new Christmas Ambassador for e-commerce platform Shopee! Filipinos know him very much as the “Father of Philippine Christmas music”, the man behind Christmas songs that are being played on repeat every year as early as September. Consider this as an early Christmas treat because you’re about to watch him sing and dance to the Shopee-pi-pi-pi-pi tune as he kicks off the beginning of Shopee 11.11-12.12 Big Christmas Sale.
Just last Thursday (October 25, 2018), Jose Mari Chan made a special appearance and performed Christmas carols in front of hundreds of mall patrons at Glorietta 2 in Makati City, marking the beginning of exciting deals to come. Before we give you the list of things to watch out for in the next two months, here’s something to brighten up your day:
“Christmas is a time for us to come together and celebrate. I am thrilled to be joining the Shopee family to spread cheer to all Filipinos this festive season, and to be part of Shopee’s first ever Christmas television commercial. I welcome everyone to join Shopee and I in kickstarting the Christmas season with Shopee 11.11 – 12.12 Big Christmas Sale, and look forward to collaborating with Shopee to deliver a series of surprises this Christmas,” shares Jose Mari Chan.
Users are now entitled to claim discounts of up to 99% off all categories, daily free shipping promotions, and an upsized coins pool of over 11 million Shopee Coins to be won from Shopee Shake. Starting today, mark your calendars for the following early Christmas treats:
1. Jose Mari Chan Road to Christmas
This campaign will take place from October 26 to December 12 and Jose Mari Chan fans can look forward to a series of exciting Shopee activations with him in the weeks ahead, including once-in-a-lifetime experiences such as the opportunity to sing a duet with him, receive a special dedicated song from him, or to meet and spend time with him on his Shopee Wish Bus tour.
2. 16 themed days leading up to the big sale
- 11 Flash Sale Day happening on October 26 and November 6, featuring 9 windows of upsized flash deals, and a bonus Free Shipping with no minimum spend for flash deals.
- 11 Vouchers Day happening on October 29, where a wide variety of sitewide and category vouchers will be given away.
- 11 Free Shipping Day happening on November 1, where users can enjoy free shipping for a lower minimum spend of only ₱299.
3. 11 Million Shopee Coins up for grabs for Shopee Shake
Shopee is bringing back its iconic in-app game, Shopee Shake, this time with an upsized pool of over 11 million Shopee Coins up for grabs. As a special treat this Christmas season, users will also stand a chance to win surprise Shopee Shake prizes, including roundtrip tickets to Australia, Malaysia, and Japan sponsored by Cebu Pacific. Shopee Shake will be happening twice daily, and nine times on 11.11 Shopee Shake Day on November 3 and 11.11 Big Christmas Sale on November 11.
4. Exclusive perks for Shopee users
On top of thousands of deals from leading local and international brands including Maybelline, P&G, Mossimo, Unilever, Wyeth, Platinum Karaoke, ASUS, and Unisilver Time, and many more; shoppers can also look forward to additional perks presented in collaboration with Shopee’s exclusive 11.11 partners, including:
- SMART customers who subscribe for or renew their SMART plan from October 26 to November 3 will receive Shopee vouchers worth up to ₱300, which can be used for purchases made until the 11.11 Big Christmas Sale on November 11.
- Viber users who download the special Shopee Christmas Stickers from October 25 to November 11 will receive Shopee discount vouchers.
Jose Mari Chan’s new sing-and-dance video was already the highlight of our day but we’re pretty sure we won’t be able to resist the new deals in the Shopee app as soon as we check it out. Share your haul with us by tagging Manila MIllennial on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Let’s keep in touch so we can update you on the latest savings you can get within the Metro! For more information about Shopee’s latest treats, visit: