A bunch of predators, said to hunt humans as a sport, are heading back to Philippine cinemas on September 12, 2018. You’ve probably heard or watched the previous movies about these nasty beasts but just like how technology evolved through time, they also have their own quirks up their armor’s sleeves.
When I was still a kid, my parents have introduced me to this Science Fiction/Thriller film which used to star Arnold Schwarzenegger (1987). This year, The Predator tracks from the outer reaches of space to the backwoods of southern Georgia. Unlike the previous films, the universe’s most lethal hunters are now stronger, smarter, and deadlier than ever before. And only a ragtag crew of hilarious ex-soldiers and an evolutionary biology professor can prevent the end of human race. Sounds pretty sketchy, right? Well, this odd group just has what it takes to kick in a bit of comedy in an action-packed story.
“Thirty years later, it’s the same Predator, but over time the Predator has upgraded himself,” shares producer John Davis in a recent interview. “This is not a reinvention and not a redo. This is the franchise you loved, 30 years later. These are the consequences of what has happened. This is what has been going on in the last three decades. They’re badder and bigger – they’ve evolved. It ain’t your daddy’s Predator.”
Before getting fierce and fearless with all-new predator in cinemas, here are some fun facts to get you by:
- The original “Predator” movie was originally going to be called “Hunter.”
- Director Shane Black appeared in Predator as Hawkins, who is the first main character killed by the Predator.
- The Predator filmed 30 years after the first Predator movie was released in 1987.
- The 1987 movie starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, and this is what got us hooked in the Predator craze!
- The Predator acknowledges the existence of previous movies. In reference to Robert Rodriquez’s Predators, one of the characters in The Predator says there’s talk that Predators have abducted people for sport and taken them somewhere.
- Two governors came out of Predator: Arnold Schwarzenegger (California) and Jessie “the Body” Ventura (Minnesota).
- The exterior Stargazer action scenes were filmed at the Lulu Island Wastewater Treatment facility in Richmond, British Columbia. Wastewater is another word for sewage – when the wind blew in some directions, it stank on set!
- Because of the movie creature hype, there was a movie called Alien vs Predator in 2004 where these creatures battle it out to see who’s the best.
As for this year’s storyline, here’s a summary: The hunt has evolved in the latest action-thriller, where a young child named Rory (played by Jacob Tremblay) unknowingly triggers alien technology in their basement – sneaked out by his estranged father, Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) from a military mission in Mexico. When Quinn tried to report his encounter with a mysterious alien during his mission – which he later learns is a predator, the government dismissed his reports and was subjected to further interrogation insinuating a traumatized soldier due to a failed mission. Confined for psychiatric evaluation by the government to keep him from revealing what he’s seen, Quinn escapes with a group of fellow former soldiers, dubbed “the loonies,” and heads out to save his son from the creatures, discovering a much greater conspiracy at work.
For more details, visit:
Facebook: 20th Century Fox